6 Things That Make Ozamiz City an Ideal Place to Live in17 September 2021
Mindanao is more than just the chaos that we see on television. It boasts of jaw-dropping natural attractions, rich cultural heritage, and adventure and recreational facilities ideal for both work and play. Among the cities in Mindanao that will charm you is Ozamiz that has so much to offer—from the breathtaking tourist spots to the warm hearts of the people, the Gem of Panguil Bay does not disappoint.
Whether you want to start a new life in a fresh environment or build a home somewhere familiar, Ozamiz City makes a great place to live in. We've rounded up six things that make Ozamiz City a better choice for your future home location.
What you’ll love about living in Ozamiz
1. The locals makes sure to preserve their cultural values and traditions
Ozamiz City is one of the places in Mindanao that has retained its old world charm. The streets downtown somehow resemble rustic towns. There are also heritage houses that stood the test of time attracting culturally-inclined visitors. The culture and heritage of Ozamiz are not all heritage houses and rustic towns though.
The locals ensure that their cultural values and traditions are still practiced today and will be passed on to the next generations, even in the time of technology. Through various events such as the Subayan Keg Subanon Festival, the people of Ozamiz City are able to showcase their culture and traditions. The festival features the lumads or indigenous people known as the Subanon. During this festivity, they hold vibrant street dancing and tableau competitions that highlights the lifestyle of the Subanons.the celebration of Subayan Keg Subanon Festival coincides with the feast of Our Lady of Triumph at Cotta Shrine celebrated every July 16, which is also the Charter City anniversary. They also celebrate the feast of Immaculate Conception every December 8 while every 4th Sunday of January is the Sr. Sto. Niño Fluvial Parade held at Panguil Bay.
2. Its strategic location connects you to more business and career opportunities
While Ozamiz City is rich with agricultural resources, it has become the center for commerce, health, transportation and education in this part of Mindanao thanks to its strategic location and its peaceful atmosphere. The Gem of Panguil Bay has also a good harbor location as its local port is the principal outlet of mineral deposits, agricultural and forest products of the provinces of Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, parts of Lanao del Norte and Misamis Occidental.
The city is also expected to be the dragon fruit basket of the Philippines because of the rising dragon fruit farms in Ozamiz. In fact, the city has been widely known for its delectable dragon fruit ice cream that became a must-try for every traveler visiting the city for the first time. And speaking of travels, tourism is booming in Ozamiz. So because of these, a lot of business and career opportunities will be open for you.
3. Infrastructure road projects are on the way
One of the most awaited infrastructure road projects in the area is the Panguil Bay Bridge as it is going to be the longest bridge in the Philippines at 3.16 km., which would surpass the San Juanico Bridge with a length of 2.16-km. that connects Samar and Leyte provinces in the Eastern Visayas region.
Once the construction of the Panguil Bay Bridge is done, it will connect Lanao del Norte and Misamis Occidental, and further connect the emerging cities of Tangub and Tubod. Significantly, Panguil Bay Bridge would drastically reduce travel time from Tubod to Tangub City to only seven minutes from the current two hours and a half. So if you live in Ozamiz City and your work is somewhere in Lanao del Norte, you will not have to worry about the long tiring drive or commute to and from your house.
4. Ozamiz has lots of amazing attractions to feed your wanderlust
Ozamiz City has so much to offer: from natural tourist attractions to thrilling adventures, you’ll never run out of places to visit in the city. Here are the most popular tourist attractions in Ozamiz City:
- The Fort or Fuerte de la Concepcion y del Triunfo - If Intramuros has Fort Santiago, Ozamiz has also its fair share of its historic stone structure. Fuerte de la Concepcion y del Triunfo, also known as Cotta Fort, is an 18th-century fort. It is made with corals, perhaps the reason why it still stands to this day. Cotta Fort also features an image of the Virgin Mary carved into its outside wall facing the bay. This place is believed to be miraculously growing, making it a draw for both tourists and pilgrims.
- Cotta Beach - From the Cotta Fort, you can get a majestic view of Cotta Beach which is just 5 minutes away. Cotta Beach features a black sand shore perfect for lounging or having a picnic by the peach.
- House of Suman - If you love suman or anything made with rice, House of Suman is your haven down south. There you can buy more than 10 flavors of suman perfect for your own consumption or for pasalubong.
- Immaculate Conception Pipe Organ - This place is the only existing pipe organ in Mindanao and one among the few in the country.
- Hoyohoy Highland Adventure Park - If you’re someone who loves thrilling adventures, Hoyohoy Highland Adventure Park is perfect for you. You can fly like Superman in its famous zipline that is considered to be one of the longest and highest in Asia.
5. Quality education is within reach
Whether you are starting a family or moving to Ozamiz City from a different province, you wouldn’t have to worry about giving your children the best education possible as Ozamiz City is not just a cultural and historical area but also the educational capital of Northern Mindanao. It is home to a number of notable educational institutions such as the prestigious De La Salle University Ozamiz, Misamis University and Misamis Institute of Technology, among others.
6. More affordable housing options: Low cost of living
Even with the fact that Ozamiz is one of the fastest-growing and progressive cities in Northern Mindanao, the cost of living remains low and budget-friendly, making it an ideal place for those who are living on a tight budget. According to an article by Business Mirror, “One can get by with P100 a day in Ozamiz. With only P5, in fact, one can see the city in its raw, unpretentious beauty.”
In terms of housing, Lumina Ozamiz offers affordable housing options for as low as P3,900 per month! That’s a lot cheaper than renting a studio apartment! The good thing about Lumina Homes is that you get value for money. Whether you are living in the metro who is looking for a cheaper housing option or an Overseas Filipino Worker who wants to have your own space in your hometown, Lumina Ozamiz is definitely a good start to have your first real estate investment.
Find the best property investment in Ozamiz City through Lumina Homes
Thinking of moving to Ozamiz City for good? Or just want to build a new house in your hometown? Lumina Homes is an ideal choice for choosing the best developer for affordable property investment for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) and citydwellers.
Lumina Homes is the affordable housing arm of Vista Land, the Philippines’ largest homebuilder known for housing brands including Camella, Lessandra, and Vista Residences among others.
Through its low cost housing, getting the dream house and lot is made achievable for every Juan as one of the missions of Lumina Homes is to provide low cost housing in the Philippines that will make the dream of owning a house and lot more achievable.
What’s great about the Lumina properties, aside from its affordability, is that all projects have great amenities and are strategically located near major establishments, schools, and transportation hubs to maximize the way you live in the province.
An Ideal Property Investment for OFWs & Starting Families
We at Lumina understand the struggle of OFWs dreaming of a better life for their families. Life abroad and away from your loved ones isn’t easy. So to help you out plan a brighter future for your family, away from the chaos of the metro, Lumina Ozamiz will aid you to find a good home in a good location for a very good price.
Lumina Ozamiz is a 10.2-hectare project development that offers 1,467 house and lot units and is located in Brgy. Labo, Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental. What makes this an awesome property investment for OFWs and Filipinos looking for quality homes is its strategic location giving you easy access to major establishments, business areas, markets, hospitals, schools, and more.
So if you are looking for a budget-friendly townhouse for sale Philippines in a new area across the country, you’ll not regret choosing Lumina Homes.
Here’s everything you need to know about Lumina Ozamiz:
- Basketball Court
- Multi-purpose hall
- Guardhouse with 24/7 security services
House and Lot for sale in Ozamiz:
- Armina Single Firewall- It is a 42 square meter house and lot for sale in Ozamiz on a regular 54 square meter lot. Similar to Angeli Single Firewall, it includes a living area, dining & kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 1 toilet & bath, 1 carport provision, and service area. However, it comes with additional features like a free ceiling and tiles on the ground floor.
- Adriana Townhouse - It is a 44 square meter house and lot for sale in Ozamiz on a regular 36 square meter lot. Its features include a living area, dining & kitchen, 2 bedroom provision, 1 toilet & bath, 1 carport provision, and service area. You may also maximize Adriana as the new normal home!
- Aimee Rowhouse - It is a 22 square meter house and lot for sale in Ozamiz on a regular 36 square meter lot. Its features include a living area, dining & kitchen, 1 bedroom provision, 1 toilet & bath, and service area.
- Angeli Single Firewall - It is a 42 square meter house and lot for sale in Ozamiz on a regular 54 square meter lot. Its features include a living area, dining & kitchen, 3 bedroom provision, 1 toilet & bath, 1 carport provision, and service area.
- Armina Duplex- It is a 42 square meter house and lot for sale in Ozamiz on a regular 54 square meter lot. Similar to Angeli Duplex, it includes a living area, dining & kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 1 toilet & bath, 1 carport provision, and service area. However, it comes with additional features like a free ceiling and tiles on the ground floor.
- Angeli Duplex- It is a 42 square meter house and lot for sale in Ozamiz on a regular 54 square meter lot. Its features include a living area, dining & kitchen, 3 bedroom provision, 1 toilet & bath, 1 carport provision, and service area.
Payment Options: Pag ibig housing loan, Bank Financing, Spot Cash
PAG-IBIG HOUSING LOAN
- Offers lowest possible interest rate
- 14 months of down payment term
- Maximum of 30 years loan term
- Fast approval of home loan
- 16 months of down payment term
- Maximum of 20 years loan term
- 24 months of payment, 0% interest rate
- Just standard requirements needed
- The client may pay the full total contract price and will be eligible for discount:
- 10% discount if the payment was made 7 days within the reservation date
- 8% if made within the reservation month
- 6% if payment was made within 30 days from reservation fee
That being said, what property investment for OFWs is better and more affordable than Lumina Ozamiz?
HOW TO GET TO LUMINA OZAMIZ
- From Lam-an National Highway, turn right to Airport Road.
- When you reach Misamis Union High School, turn left.
- Upon approaching 7k Wood Ventures, turn left, going to the old bridge.
- Then, straight ahead until you reach Lumina Ozamiz.
Get your money’s worth with Lumina Ozamiz. Start investing in a new property now where your family can live comfortably or make it a new source of income in the future. Contact us now and let Lumina Homes help you on your real estate investment journey to build your dream home.
For more information on Lumina Homes, contact (0917) 629 6523.
Try Lumina Homes' loan calculator and get an estimate computation for your preferred Lumina property and home model.