How to Cook Batil Patung and Batutay Longganisa by Kusina ni Juan24 October 2021
North Luzon is an area that beckons those who dare to go into the unknown. Aside from its wide mountain range, you can also enjoy the waves crashing into sandy beaches that are caressed by azure seas during sunny days. Not only that, but you can also easily delight in our nation's history through the seashell windows from the Spanish colonial towns and other historic structures. Revel the unspoiled sceneries and history by visiting or living in Northern Luzon.
Aside from its historical sites and rich nature, North Luzon is also famous for its savory cuisines.
One of the pride dishes of Northern Luzon is its Pancit Batil Patung from Tuguegarao, Cagayan.
Tuguegarao City's Pancit Batil Patung is a popular noodle dish. The noodles are topped with various toppings, and the sauce resembles an egg drop soup. Fresh Miki noodles are topped with a poached egg, sautéed meats and vegetables, and a piece of egg broken into boiling beef stock and put into a bowl. Both components must be present to get the most flavorful taste of this meal. A tablespoon or two of the chopped onion and vinegar dip can be added to the noodles and meat to improve the sauce's flavor.
This meal is all about plating. The pancit is topped with "Batil" or egg soup in English. You may enhance the flavor of this dish by adding a few pieces of hot chili peppers and slices of Lechon Carajay.
A Complete Guide in Cooking Pancit Batil Patung
- minced beef or carabeef
- fresh Miki noodles
- pork liver sliced
- red onion cubed
- mung bean sprouts
- chopped green onions
- shredded cabbage
- carrot julienne
- soy sauce
- one egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lechon carajay
- cooking oil
Now, let's take a look at how to prepare this unique and tasty dish.
How to cook the noodles and their toppings:
- Heat the cooking oil in a wide pan or wok. Saute the onion until soft.
- Add the minced beef and sauté it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced liver and sauté it, too, for 3 minutes.
- Add the green onion, cabbage, and carrots. Cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, add 4 to 5 cups of beef stock and cook it until the water come to a boil.
- Separate the meat from the veggies in the pan by pushing them to one side. Miki noodles should be arranged on the opposite side of the plate and must be tossed while cooking.
- Add soy sauce and ground black pepper to the mixture. The cooking time should be between 2 and 3 minutes. Afterward, remove the noodles from the pan.
- Squeeze the sauteed ingredients to one side. Gently crack an egg into the soup and let it fall into the liquid—Cook for a long time. Poach one egg, then remove it and put it aside.
- In a small saucepan, pour the remaining stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. And transfer the cooked meat and veggies to a clean platter. Set aside.
How to cook the Batil:
- Heat the saucepan with the stock from the pan. Meanwhile, bring the stock from the pan to a boil in a saucepan.
- Make sure the water is boiling before you break an egg into the saucepan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stir it regularly, or until the soup has the consistency of an egg drop soup.
- Toss it in a bowl once the consistency is achieved.
For the plating:
- Plate the Pancit Batil Patung by topping the Miki noodles with a poached egg.
- Add the sautéed meat and vegetables over the egg and top with Lechon Carajay.
On that premise, another food product that you will surely be constantly searching for in Northern Luzon is the Batutay Longganisa from Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija.
Batutay Longganisa is one of Cabantuan’s original products. Compared to the common longganisa that we can buy from the market, Batutay Longganisa is made from beef. There are two ways to cook it depending on your preference, and both of them are so easy to do. You can either fry it without boiling or boil it first before frying.
Proper Way of Cooking Batutay Longganisa
Let's check how to cook it by boiling first.
- Put a cup of water in the pan.
- Poke the longganisa for it to be cooked faster.
- Put the longganisa in the pan and let it boil.
- While boiling, you can again poke the longganisa for its extra oil to come out.
Once cooked, you can now transfer it to a plate to serve it. If you like, you can still use the pan where you fried your Batutay Longganisa to cook some fried rice. This is awesomely delicious as the remaining zing of your longganisa can be used as flavoring to your fried rice.
But before you can cook these fabulous cuisines, you might want to improve first the space of your kitchen at home.
Here are some of the tips you can apply to your kitchen to make it look bigger:
1. The smaller the appliances, the better
If you have a tiny kitchen and are looking for furniture that is functional and aesthetically appealing, you can invest in a tiny industrial kitchen island. Thanks to the furniture's clean lines it's easy to view the floor and walls beyond, making the area seem bigger.
Also, standard-sized refrigerators and dishwashers aren't necessary unless you have a big household. There are 30 and 28-inch-wide slimline fridges available in the market these days. It's perfect for your basic needs, and your fresh vegetables may be kept safe and sound in them.
2. Go for open shelving.
Easy-to-access storage is a simple method to keep clutter off your valuable counter space. Open shelves are the perfect fit in compact kitchens. Glasses used daily can go on the lower shelf, while other tools and equipment can be put on the upper shelf. A magnetic stripe on the fridge can also help you keep your cutleries close to the prep area.
For more information about the affordable house and lot for sale in Nueva Ecija of Lumina Homes, please contact (0917) 629 6523.
Christmas Caroling at Lumina Butuan
Lumina Homes visited some homeowners in Lumina Butuan whose loved ones are Overseas Filipino Workers…
Christmas Caroling at Lumina Binangonan and Tarlac
Lumina Homes visited some homeowners in Lumina Tarlac and Binangonan whose loved ones are Overseas F…
Christmas Caroling at Lumina Iloilo
Lumina Homes visited some homeowners in Lumina Iloilo whose loved ones are Overseas Filipino Workers…
Christmas Caroling at Lumina Bauan
Lumina Homes visited some homeowners in Lumina Bauan whose loved ones are working abroad for some ho…
Juan Hour Featuring Lumina Pagadian and Lumina Tagum
Join Juan Hour TWITTER FOLLOW PARTY for a chance to win P1,000 AllEasy load. Listen to updates of th…
Juan Hour Featuring Lumina Iloilo and Lumina Bacolod
Join Juan Hour for a chance to win P1,000 AllEasy load. Listen to updates of the affordable house an…
Try Lumina Homes' loan calculator and get an estimate computation for your preferred Lumina property and home model.